Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it present...

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lemmings over a cliff...

I use to go into yoga with the mind set of one day being the BEST! Its one thing to be competitive, and another to be responsible. I know those are two very different things, but they work in yoga. I remember a few years ago I use to go into class and when the teacher would ask us to go into a posture; I would first laugh and say “ya right” then practically turn my inflexible body inside out trying to move into it...and later suffer through the pain I caused myself. Now, I don’t look at anyone. I don’t rely on anyone to show me the way. I’ve learned that what’s right for me is right where I need to be, and if next week I can go further, open more, stretch longer, it just goes to show I’m moving in the right direction.

What do I mean by responsibility? It wouldn’t be responsible of me to move into a pose that prevents me from being open through my heart. What would be the point in that? I wouldn’t be learning anything, and wouldn’t reap any of the benefits. Yes, I might be going deeper than the person beside me, but if you asked them...I have a feeling they wouldn’t even notice. NO one cares!

I love challenging myself and the last two of Colin’s classes I’ve actually DONE Camel pose. I REALLY hate this pose, and usually sit only this one out. I can stand up and sit down several times during class and deal with the dizziness and the heat...I go into Camel, and I fear for my life, and my body goes straight into defence mode! I wanted to see what would happen if I did try it. I got dizzy, but made it through! Last week I just went to my knees and opened my heart, palms up to achieve balance and love. This was as far as I made it. Yesterday I brought one arm back, and it felt a little better...I’m looking forward to my next move.
Do we all want to be like lemmings jumping off a cliff? I challenge YOU! Find out who YOU are, what YOU want to do, and how YOU can really survive just being YOU. It’s great to have the support and love from family and friends...but you can’t love someone else, until you love yourself....

I want to say thank you to ALL that have supported me so far in my Yoga in motion-Fight for the cure! Personally, I have reached my goal of $250 and have now increased it to $500 and I’m SO close...it’s WONDERFUL!!! As a team-Team Kula!!! We’re in 3rd place overall and we’ve done 40% of our goal. WOW...I’m SO impressed with ALL the love and support. Thank you to ALL my amazing family and friends. Two more months to go...WE CAN DO IT!!!

www.yogainmotion.ca

GO Team Kula!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment