Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it present...

Monday, March 22, 2010

Return From Saturn...

This past weekend I turned 27!! Where have the years gone!?! I can’t believe how much has happened in the last 5 years...let alone the last year. I’m stronger emotionally, physically, spiritually, and looking back...would I change anything? This is a funny question that I’ve thought about over and over again. I don’t think one should have regrets, as in my case I’m in a better place now. I have an amazing job, I’m going to be a yoga instructor, I’ve met some amazing people, and have had some remarkable experiences. I’m much more grounded, and learned a lot about who I am as a person...and definitely who I want to become and stay as when I get older. If I changed anything in the past...none of this would have happened. I know I ONLY have myself to blame...and THANK for this. Obviously things weren’t so good in the past...but they happened...and I’ve moved forward. I’ll never forget...and I won’t dwell either. ...what would be the point? This only stresses me out. I can’t change it...so why try to change the future. If things are suppose to happen...they will. Let life take its course. I should be confident enough to know NOW I’ll be OK...whatever happens in my life, whatever comes my way.

I had an amazing weekend with truly amazing friends, and family. This was a Birthday to remember, not because of the events or how “crazy” it was...but just the fact that the people I love and who love me, came together, some had to put differences aside/swallow their pride, and everybody had a great time.

I am truly thankful for the people I have in my life. I’ve become VERY close to some of them and look forward to continuing these friendships down the road.
Thank you again to all who made my day SO special. I love you very much!

This weekend is another 4 day yoga retreat. This is a little nerve racking since I have my first midterm in yoga on the28th. I’ll be spending this weekend at my future home with my two newest friends from yoga, Lindsey and Shannon. We’re planning a “Yoga Sorority Weekend Blast” ...along with some hardcore studying we’ll be having a campfire in the backyard, planning our Karma yoga night on April 10th, and spending time with each other!

WISH ME LUCK!

2 comments:

  1. Who had to swallow their pride? Pinky?
    also, that was a very inspirational blog !
    Life is weird, never know where it'll take you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated...wishing you many blessings along your journey.
    "If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, as a shadow that never leaves him." -the Dhammapada

    ReplyDelete