Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it present...

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Another step closer....to the ground!

I was in yoga today. It was only a 60 minute class. For me it’s too short, and definitely wasn’t hot enough. I’ve moved up to the second row from the front, also second hottest place in the room. Today, it wasn’t hot enough!
Yesterday’s (Monday) class is always 90 minutes. Sometimes, that’s too long depending on how my weekend, and Monday workday went. I can only see this getting easier as I continue getting stronger in my practice. My Thursday classes are 4 hours long and two of it is done practicing…but it’s done in a regular temperature room, so it’s a little easier.

Even though my Tuesday classes aren’t enough for me, I realized today it’s a good way to extend from my Mondays class. I’m stronger, more flexible, more awake and more focused. I use this to my advantage and push myself a little harder.

Today, we were in a forward bend, focusing on hollowing our stomach, lengthening from our neck and back and folding at the waist. As I was concentrating on my breathing and trying to let go of the days events, when I just happen to look down at my hands.
THEY WERE PALMS FLAT ON THE GROUND! I looked at my knees to see if I was bending them instead of keeping them straight. NOPE…they were straight! I couldn’t believe it. I’ve never been able to do that.
This is only my tenth class so far this month. I’ve come a long way; in what I feel a short period of time. I’m excited to see where my practice can go after one year of training.

I am so excited for this Thursday’s class. Getting to know everyone, and learn more about yoga. Not only that, but afterward I’m going to watch the New Moon midnight screening!

Yoga, Twilight, Edward, best friends, dinner, movies... “its not easy being me” ;-)

(Thanks for letting me steal your FB status Tessa!)

No comments:

Post a Comment