Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it present...

Monday, November 5, 2012

30 DAYS OF BLISS... #5,6 &7

It’s been a week since I’ve started the 30 day Yoga Challenge! I realize I’ve only blogged 4 times, but life and work around me got busy and there just wasn’t any time left to blog. Another reason was because nothing really happened to blog about. My body is working hard and the only difference is I'm a lot more tired at night. Maybe with the time change and the 90 mins every am, it's all catching up to me; however, I’ve continued with it and so far I’m very proud of myself! It’s taken me 7 days to get my Chutarunga’s (high plank to low push up to floor) back to complete form and strength. It’s taken me 7 days to get the flexibility in my hamstrings back. It’s taken 7 days for my Eka Pada Rajakapotasana (pigeon pose) to feel good again and overall it’s taken me 7 days to feel comfortable with my entire yoga flow. I really do have to say I love the fact my body is young and strong enough to bounce back in such a short period of time. I’m looking forward to seeing where my mind, body and spirit will be at the end of my 30 days. Today the teacher fixed my foot during pigeon pose and asked me to bring the top of my foot to the mat. I did it even though I’ve be trained and taught NOT to because of the protection it serves. For a moment I had to step out of myself and my pride and think about myself as a teacher. If I was a teacher leading a Hatha, Anusara inspired practice and one of my students had done pigeon pose the Moksha way I would have suggested to curl their toes under…after that it’s really the students responsibility to move into the posture they feel works best for them. That’s all the teacher is doing, suggesting. There really is no right or wrong as everyone’s body is different and works in different ways. I’m sure if I had mentioned something to the teacher she would have understood why I choose to move through the poster my way. I’m not sure I’m going to be able to blog EVERY day but I will certainly try! Here’s to another exciting week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment