Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it present...

Friday, December 31, 2010

Looking back on 2010...but moving forward into 2011

As we come to the end of 2010 I look back on what a remarkable year it’s been. I have achieved SO many of my goals, and been lucky enough to be rewarded with bountiful opportunities.
As this year ends it makes me think about what I’ve done over the last year, what I’ve accomplished, who I’ve met, and the new goals I have yet to achieve. I’ve been told over and over to write them down, set a date and I will have a better chance at accomplishing them. I think I will also write WHY it’s important for me to attain these goals too. Keeps me FOCUSED & present.

In no particular order...

To become a LuLu Lemon Ambassador by August 2011-I love Lulu Lemon. I wear it, I live by it, and I support it 100%. Everything they stand for as a company (their manifesto) I work to reflect in the way I live my life. They have helped me achieve my goals so far and I would love nothing more than to show my support and be a part of the LuLu Lemon team. I think it would be a great way to reach higher pinnacles as a community, as well as working with everyone involved to reach our own.

Make Planet Workout’s “Yoga Studio” and ACTUAL YOGA STUDIO BY 2012- I have been honoured to have my own studio inside PW and as grateful as I am, it’s not fully complete yet. I’m going to soundproof those walls so my students can practice in a quiet place. I ‘m going to change the floor to bamboo or cork so my student can feel safe, clean and balanced as they practice their flows. I’m going to have the ability to heat the room and practice HOT yoga for those who have never tried it and want to give it a shot. I’m going to change the lights so my students can have the comfort they deserve while relaxing in Savasana. I know the changes will only make the studio a better place to practice as well very beneficial for the gym as well.

Raise my clientele by 50% by the end of 2011-With the help of marketing, advertising, networking and the community I’m going to raise my clientele & get myself out there so I can be more recognized in the yoga and city community.

Participate in at least 3 fundraisers before the end of 2011 & to raise more than $1000 for April’s 2011 YOGA IN MOTION- I was part of an amazing team last year for Yoga in Motion-Team Kula. As a group we raised over $5000 and individually I was able to raise $800. I would like to reach my personal goal of $1000 and see what we can do this year as a team.

http://mtsinaiauxiliary.akaraisin.com/pledge/Participant/Home.aspx?seid=3736&mid=9&Lang=en-CA&pid=454214

Put on my own fundraiser in the summer to raise money for charity (not sure which one yet) I have always wanted to set something up on my own with LOTS of people, friends and family, music and have it of course be yoga inspired. I’m thinking something maybe in the park, with a DJ and LOTS of yoga mats, a BBQ right beside the water.

I definitely want to travel. Bali, Costa Rica and Thailand are my TOP 3 choices. I would like to visit these 3 places before I’m 30...so I’m lucky I have 3 full years to do this. Maybe one trip a year?!

As I look back on 2010 I am reminded with each goal I have made and how I was truly blessed to attain EACH one. I am thankful for my entire family that stood by and supported each step in my journey to learning about who I was, who I am and who I want to be. I am appreciative of all my friends who have shown me support and been there to help me out when I needed it. I am SO grateful for my new friends who have taught me more than I could have ever imagined.
I am continually realizing that everyone who comes into our lives come to teach us something. Whether it be about the world or ourselves, and whether they stay or leave...be thankful for each of them! You learned something new and remember “The things we know best are the things we haven't been taught.”
There are so many more goals I would like to achieve. Personal and work related...too many to write down in this blog. I have written them down in my journal so I am able to keep track of my life and check off when completed. I also add new ones to the list daily.

Wishing ALL of you an amazing HAPPY NEW YEAR. All the best for 2011. Strive to think positive ALL the time as “GOOD THOUGHTS MAKE LIFE BETTER” Funny enough, this quote came from a fortune cookie. The ONLY fortune cookie that was ever REAL!
May you all have a joyful 2011 filled with LOTS of love, peace, good health, happiness, wealth and may good fortune follow you always!

Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment