Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it present...

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

BEST YOGA CLASS EVER!!!

I don’t know what it was, or why it was so amazing…but WOW!!! I met and talked Emily (good friend from Teacher Training) into doing Colin’s hot class instead of the regular temp class. I was a little worried myself as last week class took a lot out of me. To be honest…I’ve been a little frustrated lately…can you tell?
The two of us were front row, kissing the wall aka the HOTTEST spot in the class.
The room was packed, as always. Colin’s somewhat of a celebrity I think. He’s definitely my favorite!

We started the class and something changed within me. I noticed myself aligning my postures, and being more conscious of what I was doing. I was able to release, expand and deepen my poses. I was even able to hold dancers….entirely! This is the pose I want to do so well in, but fall out of EVERY time. Today…I held it. I was able to even go a little deeper and still manage to hold it. After we released, I actually let out a laugh! To me it was a breakthrough! From then on, every pose I took deeper, and then when it was incredibly unbearable for me, I took it deeper, and concentrated on softening and my breathing.

I FEEL GREAT!!! What a wonderful way to start my 4 day weekend retreat!

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others” –Nelson Mandela

No comments:

Post a Comment