Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it present...

Monday, September 13, 2010

Wide Open Spaces

WAY too much has happened to me lately to NOT write a blog about it. This won’t be the “usual” format...really I just need to release a lot of information. If you’ve followed my blog, you’ll notice one is missing. I NEEDED to delete it as it was having negative consequences on my life. I remember writing it and feeling good about getting certain things off my chest. Secretly maybe I wanted the attention? At the time I felt relieved, but in the back of my mind, I knew something was still wrong. I had put this out to the universe, and not only put it out there...I put it in writing. That blog was SO negative, and I had just made a concrete pact with the universe...what was I thinking? I guess I just wasn’t.

Well although it wasn’t the greatest ideas...I am still thankful I wrote it and posted it. I learned quite a few valuable lessons from putting it out there, and it just reinforced my belief system.

So I unfortunately sprained my ankle, then contracted blood poisoning and Group B Strep in the other foot. I’ve heard that issues dealing with your feet have to do with a fear of moving forward. I realized everyone who read this blog would ultimately end of feeling sorry for me and send THAT out into the universe too. I KNOW I’m stronger than this, and didn’t need pity from anyone. Why did I want people to feel sorry for me?

I’m doing GREAT! I’ll prove it!

I completed the yoga course. I went out and got a job teaching my passion at a gym ALL BY MYSELF. I’ve networked and made some amazing connections because of it. I’ve learned more about yoga, my confidence has grown with teaching and within myself, and I’m getting better at it every day.
I got to move into the house with Lindsey and Shannon. I was given a car from my parents. I have an amazing job with an amazing pension and benefits. I am able to pay all my bills on time. I am able to go out with friends whenever I want. I have the luxury of going to the gym and working on deepening my own practice 4 times a week without having to pay for it.
I have amazing and supportive family and friends who constantly prove that they will always be there and love me.

WHY AM I COMPLAINING!?!

Just because certain things weren’t happening to me the same time it was for other doesn’t mean they wouldn’t. I had more to learn before I was ready for that stage in my life. I have never doubted that it wouldn’t happen, why was I in so much of a rush? I will appreciate the stages I’m living now. I will be grateful that I’m able to still able to do the things I’m doing. I am excited that I have the time to devote to what I want to accomplish.

Driving to work today I actually realized that over the last year I have gotten EVERYTHING I have asked for. What’s stopping me now for continuing to achieve my dreams, accomplish my goals, and at the end of the day GET MORE!?!
Every night before I go to bed I say thank you for all the GREAT things that happened that day. I have now learned to also be thankful for the not so great things because in the end, they taught me something. I learned something new, and for that always be grateful.

I’m really looking forward to the next couple of months. I had a wonderful (as always) conversation with my Aunt who planted some really amazing ideas in regards to advertising my yoga and ultimately building my clientele. I am really excited to move forward with these ideas and see what I can accomplish and accumulate.
I am going to make more of an effort to write this blog more often as it is my way of connecting with the universe around me.

As I was driving to work thinking about writing this blog, I had the question of what to name it? I really do feel my titles have been the souls of my blog and ultimately can explain my reasoning in just a few words. I recently found an old CD that my brother had made me about 12 yrs ago. I was listening to is and Wide Open Spaces came on. Well, this song pretty much made me laugh out loud and cry at the same time, especially this part

“As her folks drive away, her dad yells, "Check the oil!"
Mom stares out the window and says, "I'm leaving my girl"
She said, "It didn't seem like that long ago"
When she stood there and let her own folks know, she needed,
WIDE OPEN SPACES!”

In a nutshell!

No comments:

Post a Comment